In addition to ensuring that the voices of service users, patients and the public are heard by decision makers within health and social care services in Wolverhampton, we also provide an information and signposting service to the public about accessing health and social care services. Please read below for information about how we can help you.
What our service is…
- We offer a free, friendly and confidential service that is independent from the NHS and social care services.
- We will perform a signposting role only. This means that we will give you the contact details for a range of services that best supports your request. You will then need to contact those organisations yourself.
- We can give you information about choices you have with regard to where you might get help in relation to your health, social care and wellbeing needs.
- We can put you in touch with sources of information on NHS and social care services in Wolverhampton.
- We can give you information about what to do when things go wrong and you don’t understand how to make a complaint.
What our service is not…
- Our service is not supported by trained clinicians or health and care professionals. It means that we cannot offer advice on clinical matters. This might include advice and information about medication, queries about a diagnosis made by a doctor or recommendations about a choice over a particular treatment pathway.
- We are not a part of the NHS or Wolverhampton County Council. Whilst we will use your feedback to improve services, we have no powers to investigate individual formal complaints about them.
- We are not able to offer financial, legal or similar specialist advice. This form of advice should always be sought from a trained specialist such as a solicitor, counsellor or financial advisor.
How to contact us
You can contact us with your query as follows:
- By telephone: 0800 470 1944
- By email: email@example.com
- By Post: Healthwatch Wolverhampton, Regent House, First Floor, Bath Avenue WV1 4EG
If we cannot resolve your query immediately or a member of staff is unable to speak with you then we will always endeavor to return your call within one working day.