Co-producing the Integrated Care Systems engagement strategy for working with people and communities
The first of several Co-production workshops will be taking place on Thursday 9 December 2021 from 09:00am to 12.30pm to allow people to help design what the Integrated Care System (ICS) engagement approach should look and feel like across the Black Country as part of a strategy for working with people and communities.
Recent NHS guidance asks that the following principles are adopted and embedded: but what do these look and feel like in the Black Country and how do we bring them to life to ensure they work for us?
- Put the voices of people and communities at the centre of decision-making and governance, at every level of the ICS.
- Start engagement early when developing plans and feedback to people and communities how their engagement has influenced activities and decisions.
- Understand your community’s needs, experience and aspirations for health and care, using engagement to find out if change is having the desired effect.
- Build relationships with excluded groups, especially those affected by inequalities.
- Work with Healthwatch and the voluntary, community and social enterprise (VCSE) sector as key partners.
- Provide clear and accessible public information about vision, plans and progress, to build understanding and trust.
- Use community development approaches that empower people and communities, making connections to social action.
- Use co-production, insight, and engagement to achieve accountable health and care services.
- Co-produce and redesign services and tackle system priorities in partnership with people and communities.
- 10.Learn from what works and build on the assets of all ICS partners –networks, relationships, activity in local places.
How to get involved:
Taking place: Thursday 9 December 2021 from 09:00am to 12.30pm at The Hawthorns Stadium or Zoom depending on your preference. We will update you when more dates are announced.
There is both an in-person option and online option for this event to suit your needs
Please register online via this Eventbrite link and select how you would like to participate.
If you have any questions or need any help, please do not hesitate to contact the engagement team on 0121 612 1447 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For in-person attendance, you will be required to present a negative lateral flow test to enter. We will be following social distancing measures and ask that you wear a mask when walking around the building.
9:00am – Registration and Networking
9:30am – Welcome and Introductions
12:30pm – Wrap up and Lunch