A number of different roles are available in Youth Healthwatch… have a scroll through to see which one you like the sound of and then hit apply.
You don’t need any previous experience and will be fully supported in your role with information and training. Youth Healthwatch roles are open for people aged between 14 and 24.
Chairperson and Deputy Chair
The Chairperson and Deputy Chair will support each other in this role and may choose to carry out additional activities such as outreach and engagement. These roles would be great for improving your leadership skills and confidence.
- leading Youth Healthwatch meetings
- making sure everyone has an opportunity to have their say and encourage discussion
- represent Youth Healthwatch at Healthwatch Advisory Board meetings held every three months.
Social Media and Website Member
This role will look after the social media channels for Youth Healthwatch and the Youth Healthwatch Hub on the website. This role would be great for someone that enjoys social media or is interested in gaining experience in marketing and communications.
- Posting on and creating content for Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Youtube.
- Supporting staff with the Youth Healthwatch Hub on the website.
Outreach and Engagement Member
Healthwatch attends a wide range of groups and events to raise awareness and gather peoples feedback.
- engaging with members of the public in the community
- visiting services
- talking to young people about their experiences of health and social care
Enter and View Authorised Representative
Healthwatch has a statutory power to carry out Enter and View visits to health and social care services to observe service delivery and engage with service users, their family and staff.
- supporting staff and other Authorised Representatives carry out Enter and View visits
- take part in regular training and support sessions
- report on findings
- subject to a DBS Check
The role would support the work of Youth Healthwatch by providing administrative support to the other roles mentioned.
This would include;
- report writing
- data entry
For more information download our Youth Healthwatch booklet.