Get involved today and have your say
What is volunteering?
Volunteering can be defined as any activity that involves spending time, unpaid, doing something that aims to benefit the environment or someone (individuals or groups) other than, or in addition to, close relatives. Central to this definition is the fact that volunteering must be a choice freely made by each individual. This can include formal activity undertaken through public, private and voluntary organisations as well as informal community participation.
The benefits of volunteering
Volunteering is a great opportunity to give something back to the community or make a real difference to the people around them. For others it provides an opportunity to develop new skills or build on existing experience and knowledge whilst also plugging in CV gaps. Below are some of the benefits for volunteering:
- Passionate about making a positive difference to your local community or to the lives of others and a sense of purpose
- Help others less fortunate or without a voice
- Feel valued, empowered and part of a team
- An opportunity to meet new people and make new friends
- Spend quality time away from workor a busy lifestyle
- Boosting confidence and self-esteem
- Improve your health and well-being and quality of life
- Actual out of pocket expense reimbursed
- Access to accredited and in-house training
- And much more…